Thursday, June 16, 2011

Distraction 171: Breakfast at Tiffany's


I've read the book and heard the song, but have yet to see the movie!  Below are some of my favorite lines from the book.

"Oh, you get used to anything," I said, annoyed with myself, for actually I was proud of the place.
"I don't.  I'll never get used to anything.  Anybody that does, they might as well be dead."

"It may be normal, darling; but I'd rather be natural."

"Never love a wild thing, Mr. Bell," Holly advised him.  "That was Doc's mistake.  He was always lugging home wild things...  But you can't give your heart to a wild thing:  the more you do, the stronger they get.  Until they're strong enough to run into the woods.  Or fly into a tree.  Then a taller tree.  Then the sky.  That's how you'll end up, Mr. Bell.  If you let yourself love a wild thing.  You'll end up looking at the sky...  Good luck:  and believe me dearest Doc-  it's better to look at the sky than live there.  Such an empty place; so vague.  Just a country where thunder goes and things disappear."


_

No comments:

Post a Comment